With a proven track record of at least 5 years in a Senior Sales Management role and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Business Development and Sales.This individual will be required to develop a business unit sales strategy, plan and carry out marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of product and services of the Integrated Solutions Division in accordance with an agreed business plan and sales targets.
- Recruit, induct, direct, coach and performance manage the sales team.Management and motivation of Business Development Managers/Consultants
- Create and implement sales and marketing strategy for the business, aligned to group goals.
- Plan and prioritise team and personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity, whilst ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Manage all bid / proposal pricing, costs and margins according to agreed parameters.
- Build and maintain sustainable, mutually beneficial relationships with potential customers, existing key accounts and internal departments and divisions in order to develop new business opportunities.
- To ensure that any customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems used and kept up to date as required.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Increase in new business sale volumes to ensure national sales targets are achieved
- Record, analyse, report & administer according to systems & requirements
- Manage pricing and margins
- Co-ordinate and / or be responsible for tenders
- Marketing initiatives
- Execute all administrative tasks associated with the sales function
- Compilation of the reports as directed by the Managing Director
- Management of commissions
- Co-ordinate all national sales events
- Presentations to larger clients
- Monitor & report on the market and competitor activities
- Assist with collection of problem accounts
- Attendance at the monthly Servest Sales Meetings
- Attend training where appropriate to develop relevant knowledge, techniques & skills
- Establish & manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Operate at Exco / Board Level
Key Performance Indicators / Critical Success Factors
- Achievement of targeted new business sales volumes within defined industries / sectors.
- Identify opportunities to increase share of spend of key accounts.
- Maximise cross-selling potential for other Group services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or B.Commin Sales and Marketing. Management Qualification (MDP, PBL)or any related field would be an advantage
- Minimum 10 years sales experience within the Services Industry
- Minimum 5 years managing a sales team
- Should have excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Should possess good management skills and possess experience of performance management techniques and HR / IR issues
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook. A natural forward planner who is able to critically assess their own performance.
- Good business financial acumen
- Must be able to complete professional proposals, quotes and tenders to optimise the prospect of award of contracts to the company
- Energetic and able to handle pressure
- Innovative, organised, persuasive and tenacious
- Strong leadership ability
- Be able to travel nationally
- Will be extremely well presented and business-like.
- Must be highly adept in the use of MS Office software packages, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must possess a high attention to detail.
- Should be able to demonstrate experience in solution-selling and presenting at a senior executive level.
- Should have experience in writing commercially compelling sales and marketing documentation and case studies.
- Will have a proven track record and network of contacts
This role is open to South African Citizens / Permanent residents only